Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 4: lucky ducky

I feel like I dodged a bullet. Yesterday's movie outing led to quite a bit of snacking a few chips, some smarties, a fruit roll up, chocolate, a handful of trail mix....Bob would be very disapointed. I tried not to let it get out of hand, and luckily by the grace of God I did not gain. I did not lose either but I will take it none the less.

I know Ive been doing a lot of cheating so far. To say I was completely committed would be a lie. I am blaming it on my lady days. I know that excuse won't last but hey, I do feel more in control then I have in the last month and that is a step in the right direction.

I am lucky to have a partner on this journey, my brothers girlfriend, Jen. If you are reading this Jen, thanks for the positive comments and pep talk.... I am glad to have someone who feels my (hunger) pain.

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow will be difficult, dinner with a friend. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Stace! I'm on the third and final week...sugar cravings have been coming out of nowhere, but my only cheat was one TINY oatmeal raisin cookie...but those are "healthy" cookies, right? That was my first sweet in about 4 weeks, and boy, it was great. I have been craving ice cream for the past 4 days...and the cravings are NOT subsiding regardless of the restraint and will power I have been deploying....

    A little disappointment...I lost 16 pounds the past 4 weeks, but the ENTIRE 4th week (last week), I lost nothing! I thought I was being so strong; resisting cravings, staying on track...and the scale didn't nudge even .1 pounds. I hope this week is better. I'm keeping it up (but sorry Bob, I'm not doing NO FRUIT the last week). That is what I look forward to...some bluberries in my morning oatmeal or a kiwi as a snack...NO WAY am I giving that up!) Maybe my body is just used to it; I'm going to strap my knee brace on and try some eliptical workouts this week since my bone is finally healed...fingers crossed. I really NEED a loss this week to fuel my motivation...

    I haven't had a carb after breakfast in over a month (or creamer in my coffee...not even raw sugar)...HOLY COW!

    Keep pushing, you are doing AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete